Introduction to Blender

To teach my self blender I decided to follow a in depth step by step tutorial that goes from setting up blender through to UV wrapping and exporting ready for texturing painting.  This series of tutorials were created by my tutor Jon Holmes.

I followed the tutorials imitating what was seen in the video with small personal creativity allowing me to incorporate some of my own input.

Link to Tutorial series:

http://www.thecuriousengine.co.uk/?project=hard-surface-science-fiction-modelling-blender-3d

12

I started out by creating the basic shape by scaling and extruding faces till I was happy. I then made sure that I bevelled out edges so that light will reflect off of these later on.

34

The next stage was that I started adding in some mid level detail to break up each face and add some difference in height. I made sure that I had applied the mirror modifier so that all of the detail I was carrying out was applied to each side.

56

I then began to add in extra details such as the rear supports and the bar stands. The addition of this brings interesting shapes to the model and makes it look more intriguing to look at.

910111213

Here are the some of the textures applied to the model. Considering this was my first model I would say I am very happy as I am still trying to teach my self the basics.